May 12-16, 2022
Plantation Central Park Aquatic Complex
9151 NW 2nd St, Plantation FL 33324
Backstroke: 50-, 100-, 200-Yard
Breaststroke: 50-, 100-, 200-Yard
Butterfly: 50-, 100-, 200-Yard
Freestyle: 50-, 100-, 200-, 500-Yard
Individual Medley: 100-, 200-, 400-Yard (Four Strokes)
Mixed 200 Freestyle & Mixed Medley Relay
- All first-, second-, third- and fourth-place winners or athletes meeting this sport’s NSGA minimum performance standards in competition at a 2021 NSGA qualifying games will qualify for the 2022 National Senior Games.
- At the 2022 National Senior Games, swimmers will be eligible to swim bonus events. Bonus events may only be in the same stroke an athlete qualified in and can only be of a lesser distance, not greater. Athletes must enter seed times, from yards’ competition, for their selected bonus events. Seed times must be entered in minutes, seconds and hundreds of seconds (00:00.00). Seed times for each bonus events must be achieved during the last twelve months prior to the registration deadline. (For 2022 National Senior Games ONLY seed times must be achieved by the Adjusted Qualification on page 1.)
- Swimmers may enter a maximum of six events, including bonus events.
- The 500-yard freestyle, 200-yard butterfly and 400-yard individual medley events are not available as bonus events; swimmers must qualify in these events to enter them.
- Swimmers who qualify in the 400-yard and 200-yard individual medley may select the 200-yard and the100- yard individual medley as a bonus event.
- Swimmers must provide their own suits, caps, goggles, towels, etc. All swim suits must conform to United States Masters Swimming Rule 102, 12-Swimwear for Pool Competition.
- Mixed relays consist of two males and two female swimmers. Swimmers may enter one 200 yard mixed medley relay and one 200 yard mixed freestyle relay. Captains of relays may pre-register teams during online registration. Deck entries for relays will also be accepted at the meet. Relay packets for deck entries will be available at the venue starting the first day of competition. The swimmers on each relay do not have to be from the same state. Age groups for relays will be the same for individual events. (50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, etc.) with the youngest swimmer’s age as of December 31, 2022 determining the relay’s age group. Awards for relays will be the same as for individual events.
- All swimming events will be timed finals.
- Warm-up time will be available.
- All swimmers in the 500-yard freestyle and the 400–yard IM will be required to check-in at the venue.
- Relay entry packets will be available at the venue starting the first day of competition.
- Awards will be presented for 1st through 8th place for each event within each age division.
For the 2022 National Senior Games presented by Humana, Swimming will have NO CAP of participating athletes.