July 7-18, 2023
Carnegie Mellon University Tennis Courts
CMU Campus, Pittsburgh, PA 15213
Mellon Park Tennis Center
Fifth Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15206
Pine Richland High School Tennis Facility
700 Warrendale Rd, Gibsonia, PA
Oxford Athletic Club
100 Village Club Dr, Wexford, PA 15090
Singles, Doubles, Mixed Doubles
1. All first-, second- and third-place winners at a NSGA qualifying games will qualify for the 2023 National Senior Games.
2. Athletes must qualify in each tennis event (singles, doubles, mixed doubles) in which they wish to compete at the 2023 National Senior Games, except when Rule E applies.
1. Athletes may compete with only one partner per event. Under NSGA rules, doubles and mixed doubles are classified as events. Therefore, athletes may not compete in more than one age division for doubles or mixed doubles.
2. The age division of competition for doubles will be determined by the lower age of the two partners as of December 31, 2022.
3. Athletes must provide their own racquets and practice balls.
4. Athletes may enter a maximum of two tennis events.
1. Tournament formats may include but are not limited to: Single elimination with a consolation bracket for first match losers, round robins, feed-in consolations, modified feed-in consolations, Curtis consolations, no-ad scoring, combinations of these and any other formats at the discretion of the tournament director (s) to facilitate orderly and timely play. The draw format used will determine 5th through 8th place (subject to change based on smaller draw sizes).
2. Based on sufficient entries, awards will be presented for 1st through 8th place and consolation bracket winner for each event within each age division.
3. The NSGA and LOC reserve the right to change the tournament format for any age division, prior to or after play has commenced in any or all divisions, based on entry numbers, space restrictions, or other circumstances. Formats used may include but are not limited to: Regular tie-break sets, Pro-sets, Fast-4, No-Ad scoring and other modified formats. The NSGA and LOC may also modify the formats of consolation or non-medal matches while playing a different format for medal matches.