May 11-17, 2022
Ansin Sports Complex
10801 Miramar Blvd, Miramar, FL 33025
50, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1500 Meter, 4 x 100 Relay
Discus, Hammer Throw, High Jump, Javelin, Long Jump, Pole Vault, Shot Put, Triple Jump
- All first-, second-, third- and fourth-place winners or athletes meeting this sport’s NSGA minimum performance standards in competition at a NSGA qualifying games will qualify for the 2022 National Senior Games.
- All athletes who compete in hammer throw at a NSGA qualifying games will qualify for the 2022 National Senior Games.
- Athletes who reside in a state that does not offer the hammer throw and pole vault may qualify for those events by meeting the “limited” event qualifying criteria in Rule D.
- Athletes that qualify for and compete in the 50,100, 200, 400 or 800 meter events at the 2022 National Senior Games will be eligible to compete in the 4x100-meter relay. Athletes cannot qualify to compete in the relay event except in this manner.
- The Local Organizing Committee shall provide certified implements for all events and age groups. In addition, athletes shall be permitted to use their own implements, provided they have been certified by the Track & Field Committee. Athletes who wish to use their own implements shall agree to all certification procedures including but not limited to marking, impounding, etc. Athletes must provide their own vaulting poles.
- Shoes must comply with USATF Rule 143, 3(a) – (f).
- Registration for the relay event will take place at the track venue. Age division of relay teams will be based on the age of the youngest team member as of December 31, 2022.
- Advancement to the finals for the 50m, 100m, 200m and 400m will be on time (the fastest 8 times to the final)
- All races longer then 400m will be timed finals, with the fastest final going last.
- All throws, long jumps and triple jumps will be conducted in flights. Two or more flights may be formed. Each athlete will have 3 trials in their flight, followed by a final of the athletes with the 8 best performances from all of the flights. These athletes will have 3 additional trials.
- General order for track events is Women, Oldest to Youngest then Men, Oldest to Youngest.
- Awards will be presented for 1st through 8th place for each event within each age division.
For the 2022 National Senior Games presented by Humana, Track & Field will have NO CAP of participating athletes.