May 17-23, 2022
Fort Lauderdale Convention Center - Hall C
1950 Eisenhower Blvd, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316
Singles, Doubles, Mixed Doubles
1. All first-, second-, third- and fourth-place winners at a NSGA state qualifying games will qualify for the 2022 National Senior Games.
2. Athletes must qualify in each badminton event (singles, doubles, mixed doubles) in which they wish to compete at the 2022 National Senior Games, except when Rule E applies.
1. Athletes may compete with only one partner per event. Under NSGA rules, doubles and mixed doubles
are classified as events. Therefore, athletes may not compete in more than one age division for doubles
or mixed doubles.
2. The age division of competition for doubles and mixed doubles will be determined by the younger age of
the two partners as of December 31, 2022.
3. Competitors must bring their own racquets. Natural-feathered shuttlecocks will be provided
- Tournament format will be round robin, with as many players as possible advancing to a single elimination championship bracket. Quarterfinal losers will compete for 5th through 8th places.
- Awards will be presented for 1st through 8th place for each event within each age division.
- The NSGA and LOC reserve the right to change the tournament format for any age division based on entry numbers, space restrictions, or other circumstance.
- Default during competition Rule R will be strictly enforced.
For the 2022 National Senior Games presented by Humana, Badminton will be capped at no more than 500 participating athletes.