May 13-18, 2022
Fort Lauderdale Beach Park
1100 Seabreeze Blvd, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316
2 and 4 Person Teams Men’s/Women’s
For 2022, Beach Volleyball event will be classified as an “OPEN Event”. Teams do not need to qualify at a state qualifier.
- Teams must be of one gender.
- Team roster shall be limited to (4) players for 2-person team and (6) players for a 4-person team including non-playing coach.
- At the National Senior Games athletes may compete on up to two teams per sport providing that the teams are in different age divisions that are scheduled to play in completely separate sessions.
- Age divisions for all team competition will be determined by the age of the youngest team member as of December 31, 2022.
- Depending on the number of teams registered, match play is 2 of 3 sets, with the first 2 sets to 21-points (win by 2) and a 15-point 3rd set (win by 2) if needed OR, for Pool Play only, 2 Sets to 21 (win by 2). The final playoff format will be determined at the discretion of the NSGA.
- First through fourth place awards will be presented within each age Division.
- Teams will be required to provide line judges and scorekeepers during competition.
- Net height shall be in accordance with USA Volleyball rules.
- Default during competition Rule S will be strictly enforced.
- Awards will be presented for 1st through 4th place within each age/skill division.
Wilson OPTX AVP Official Beach Volleyball
For the 2022 National Senior Games presented by Humana, Beach Volleyball will be capped at no more than 200 - 2/player teams and 200 - 4/player teams and 2000 participating athletes.