2 and 4 Person Teams Men’s/Women’s
1. For 2025, Billiards - 8 Ball event will be classified as an “OPEN Sport”. Teams do not need to qualify at a 2024 qualifier.
- Athletes may compete in singles, and open doubles.
- Anyone can register for the event regardless if a state qualifier offers it or not.
- The age division of competition for doubles will be determined by the younger age of the two partners as of December 31, 2025.
- Tournament format will be round robin (pool play), with as many players as possible advancing to a single elimination championship bracket. Quarterfinal round losers will compete for 5th through 8th places.
- A match shall consist of the best 2 of 3 games, or 3 of 5 games, as determined and announced by the NSGA and Tournament Manager.
- The NSGA and LOC reserve the right to change the tournament format for any age division based on entry numbers, space restrictions, or other circumstance.
- The NSGA and Tournament Manager may impose time limits during competition. During preliminary rounds, games shall not last over 15 minutes. Tournament bracket and all medal games shall not last over 25 minutes. If a time limit is imposed, the player with the most balls pocketed at the end of the time limit shall be declared the winner. a. In the case of any ties at the end of the time limit, all balls will be removed from the table except the 8-ball. The 8-ball is spotted and the cue ball is shot from behind the headstring. Lagging shall be used to determine order of play, and normal 8-ball rules shall apply.
- In doubles competition, players shall alternate shots, not turns. The first break of the match starts the rotation. If a player makes the 8-ball, their teammate breaks the next rack. The lag will not count as part of the rotation.
- Awards will be presented for 1st through 8th place for each event within each age division.