May 12-19, 2022
8501 N University Dr, Tamarac, FL 33321
Non-Ambulatory Singles, Non-Ambulatory Doubles, Non-Ambulatory Mixed Doubles, Team
- All non-ambulatory athletes competing at a NSGA state qualifying games will qualify for the 2022 National Senior Games.
- Athletes must qualify in each event in which they wish to compete at the 2022 National Senior Games.
- Athletes who reside in a state that does not offer a non-ambulatory bowling event may qualify for bowling by meeting the “limited” event qualifying criteria in Rule D.
- Competitors are encouraged to provide their own bowling balls and shoes. House balls and shoes may be available at the competitor’s expense.
- All formats will be scratch.
- Bowlers will be divided into squads by age division.
- Bowling times and lanes will be assigned by squad.
- Singles will bowl two sets of three games during qualifying. When more than 8 players are competing in a particular division, all athletes must bowl both qualifying squads in order to advance to the roll-offs. When there are 8 or less bowlers competing in a particular division, athletes are not required to bowl both qualifying squads as they will advance to the roll-offs, however they must bowl one or the other.
- In singles, in each age division, the highest score of the two sets will be considered for the finals. The top eight scores will advance to a roll-off. Scores will not carry over.
- Doubles and mixed doubles will bowl one set of three games during qualifying.
- In doubles and mixed doubles, the top eight combined scores will advance to a roll-off.
- In the roll-off, all bowlers will bowl one set of three games. The bowler’s final three game total (combined total for doubles teams) shall determine his/her place within an age division.
- After the roll-off, if there is a tie between any of the top 3 places, a one-game playoff will be held to determine which player receives the higher medal.
- For 4th through 8th places ties will be broken by the number of strikes bowled. If the score is still tied, the number of spares will decide the winner.
- During the qualifying squads, if there are two or more athletes tied for eighth place, a one game roll off will be held to determine which player advances to the finals.
- Awards will be presented for 1st through 8th place for each event within each age division.
For the 2022 National Senior Games presented by Humana, Bowling will be capped at no more than 700 participating athletes.