1. All first-, second-, third- and fourth-place winners at a 2020 NSGA qualifying games will qualify for the 2021 National Senior Games.
2. Athletes must qualify in each bowling event (singles, doubles, mixed doubles) in which they wish to compete at the 2021 National Senior Games, except when Rule E applies.
1. Athletes may enter all three bowling events (singles, doubles, mixed) provided they have qualified in the event except when Rule E applies.
2. Competitors are encouraged to provide their own bowling balls and shoes. House balls and shoes may be available at the competitor’s expense.
3. Athletes may compete with only one partner per event. Under NSGA rules, doubles and mixed doubles are classified as events. Therefore, athletes may not compete in more than one age division for doubles or mixed doubles.
4. The age division of competition for Team bowling will be determined by the youngest age of team member as of December 31, 2021. Age groups for Teams will be the same for individual events. With the youngest bowler’s age as of December 31, 2021 determining the Team’s age group. Awards for Teams will be the same as for individual events.
5. Athletes may only compete on one four person team. Any combination of gender is considered a mixed team.
6. Athletes that qualify for and compete in singles, doubles and mixed doubles at the 2021 National Senior Games will be eligible to compete in team bowling. Athletes cannot qualify to compete in the team event except in this manner.
All formats will be scratch (singles, doubles, mixed doubles, teams).
Bowlers will be divided into squads by age division.
Bowling times and lanes will be assigned by squad.
Singles will bowl two sets of three games during qualifying. When more than 8 players are competing in a particular division, all athletes must bowl both qualifying squads in order to advance to the roll-offs. When there are 8 or less bowlers competing in a particular division, athletes are not required to bowl both qualifying squads as they will advance to the roll-offs, however they must bowl one or the other.
In singles, in each age division, the highest score of the two sets will be considered for the finals. The top eight scores will advance to a roll-off. Scores will not carry over.
Doubles and mixed doubles will bowl one set of three games during qualifying.
In doubles and mixed doubles, the top eight combined scores will advance to a roll-off.
In the roll-off, all bowlers will bowl one set of three games. The bowler’s final three game total (combined total for doubles teams) shall determine his/her place within an age division.
After the roll-off, if there is a tie between any of the top 3 places, a one-game playoff will be held to determine which player receives the higher medal.
For 4th through 8th places ties will be broken by the number of strikes bowled. If the score is still tied, the number of spares will decide the winner.
During the qualifying squads, if there are two or more athletes tied for eighth place, a one game roll off will be held to determine which player advances to the finals.
Awards will be presented for 1st through 8th place for each event within each age division.
Team bowling categories will be Women, Men and Mixed. Each team will bowl 3 games scratch bowling. If there is a tie, a 10th frame roll off will occur.
1. This tournament will be conducted in accordance with United States Bowling Congress rules, except as modified herein. For a copy of these rules, please write or call:
2. All equipment shall meet United States Bowling Congress specifications. The NSGA reserves the right to check equipment at any time.
Privacy & Cookies Policy
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.
2021 National Senior Games661Days10Hours25Minutes13Seconds