1. All first-, second-, and third-place winners at a 2020 NSGA qualifying games will qualify for the 2021 National Senior Games.
2. States that divide men’s competition into three skill categories may qualify three men’s teams in each skill category. States that divide women’s competition into three skill categories may qualify three women’s teams in each skill category.
1. Teams must supply current team rating, tournament history and all other names used or played under during the period of one year. Failure to provide or falsification of information given to the NSGA will result in the team automatically be placed in the highest skill division (Division 1) in the tournament.
2. Teams must provide their own bats, gloves and practice balls.
3. Teams must be all one gender.
4. Team rosters shall be limited to 22 persons, including non-playing coaches, non-playing captains and non-playing bench personnel. No more than 20 of these persons may be players. No players will be added to the roster during the tournament. This includes non-players moving to player status due to an injured team member.
5. Teams are not limited to the number of out-of-state players on their rosters; however, roster changes shall be allowed only as permitted under Rule F. It is the captain’s responsibility to declare team residency subject to NSGA approval, at the time of registration. Team roster participants who are unable to compete may be replaced after the official registration deadline for valid medical reasons only. Determining valid change requests are at the discretion of the NSGA and may be made after the advertised registration deadline. The new team member or partner must have participated in the sport they wish to enter, at a qualifying state game.
6. Teams that add two or more players from a higher rated team may be subject to reclassification.
7. All registration and team rules apply to non-playing coaches, non-playing captains and non-playing bench personnel.
8. At the National Senior Games athletes may compete on up to two teams per sport providing that the teams are in different age divisions that are scheduled to play in completely separate sessions.
7. Age divisions for all team competition will be determined by the age of the youngest team player as of December 31, 2021.
Tournament format will be pool play or round robin, with as many teams as possible advancing to a double elimination championship bracket. Every effort will be made to provide teams a minimum of 5 games.
Awards will be presented for 1st through 4th place within each age/skill division.
Men’s and women’s teams may be divided into a maximum of three skill divisions - Division I (highest level), Division II and Division III (Recreational) based on the number of teams in each division and pool play results. Skill divisions will be utilized as needed as determined by tournament officials. Current national senior softball ratings may be considered. Note: In an effort to standardize skill categories in all NSGA team sports, the softball skill divisions have been renamed. NSGA skill divisions may not reflect the actual team rating as determined by the National Senior Softball Summit Ratings Committee.
Seeding for double elimination play will be determined based on pool play results in the following order:
Won/loss Record (Strength of teams played may be considered)
Head-to-Head results – only when all teams play each other
Total runs allowed
Total runs scored
The NSGA and LOC reserve the right to change the tournament format for any age division based on entry numbers, space restrictions, skill levels or other circumstance.
1. This tournament will be conducted in accordance with USA Softball (Senior) Rules, except as modified herein. For a copy of these rules, please write, email or call:
Privacy & Cookies Policy
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.
2021 National Senior Games658Days16Hours2Minutes57Seconds