July 12-18, 2023
David L. Lawrence Convention Center
1000 Fort Duquesne Blvd, Pittsburgh, PA 15222
1. All first-, second- and third-place winners at a NSGA state qualifying games will qualify for the 2023 National Senior Games.
1. Teams must be of one gender.
2. Team roster shall be limited to 15 persons, including non-playing coaches, non-playing captains and non-playing bench personnel. Roster changes shall be allowed only as permitted under Rule F.
3. Teams are no longer limited to the number of out-of-state players on their rosters; however, roster changes shall be allowed only as permitted under Rule F. It is the captain’s responsibility to declare team residency subject to NSGA approval, at the time of registration.
4. All registration and team rules apply to non-playing coaches, non-playing captains and non-playing bench personnel.
5. At the National Senior Games athletes may compete on up to two teams per sport providing that the teams are in different age divisions that are scheduled to play in completely separate sessions.
6. Age divisions for all team competition will be determined by the age of the youngest team member as of December 31, 2022.
1. Depending on the number of teams registered, match play is 2 of 3 sets, with the first 2 sets to 21-points (win by 2) and a 15-point 3rd set (win by 2) if needed OR, for Pool Play only, 2 Sets to 21 (win by 2). The final playoff format will be determined at the discretion of the NSGA.
2. Every effort will be made to provide teams a minimum of 6 matches.
3. All competition will be best of 3 matches.
4. First through fourth place awards will be presented within each age Division.
5. Teams will be required to provide line judges and scorekeepers during competition.
6. Net height shall be in accordance with USA Volleyball rules.
7. Default during competition Rule S will be strictly enforced.
8. Awards will be presented for 1st through 4th place within each age/skill division.