May 10-17, 2022
Fort Lauderdale Convention Center - Hall B
1950 Eisenhower Blvd, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316
Singles, Doubles, Mixed Doubles
- All first, second, third and fourth place winners in each age division at a 2021 NSGA qualifying games will qualify for the 2022 National Senior Games.
- States that use age/skill competitions may qualify up to four in each age/skill category within the division.
- Athletes must qualify in each Pickleball event (singles, doubles and mixed doubles) in which they wish to compete at the 2022 National Senior Games except where Rule E applies.
- The state coordinator will have the ability to divide the skills rating into three divisions or less (Division I, II, III). You will qualify four in each age category per division. If a state does not have enough athletes in an age/skill division, the athlete would move up or down In an age group within the same division at the discretion of the Tournament Director.
- Athletes may compete with only one partner per event. Under NSGA rules, doubles and mixed doubles are classified as events. Therefore, athletes may not compete in more than one age division for doubles or mixed doubles.
- Age/Skill doubles and mixed doubles will be determined by the higher skill player and the lower aged player as of 12/31/2022.
- Athletes must supply current USAPA rating at the time of registering for the 2022 National Senior Games. If an athlete does not have a skill rating, they will need to refer to the document posted on NSGA.com under the Pickleball sports page in order to determine their skill rating.
- Competitors must provide their own paddles. Balls will be provided.
- Tournament format will be double elimination play with the first person/team to win 2 out of 3 games; each game is played to 11, win by 2.
- The NSGA and LOC reserve the right to change the tournament format depending on entry numbers, space restrictions or other circumstances.
- Awards will be presented to 1st through 8th place for each event within each age division.
For the 2022 National Senior Games presented by Humana, Pickleball will be capped at no more than 1400 participating athletes.