May 17-23, 2022
Fort Lauderdale Convention Center - Hall C
1950 Eisenhower Blvd, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316
Singles, Doubles, Mixed Doubles
- All first-, second-, third- and fourth-place winners at a NSGA qualifying games will qualify for the 2022 National Senior Games.
- Athletes must qualify in each table tennis event (singles, doubles, mixed doubles) in which they wish to compete at the 2022 National Senior Games, except when Rule E applies.
- Players must provide their own paddles. Balls will be provided.
- Athletes may compete with only one partner per event. Under NSGA rules, doubles and mixed doubles are classified as events. Therefore, athletes may not compete in more than one age division for doubles or mixed doubles.
- The age division of competition for doubles will be determined by the younger age of the two partners as of December 31, 2022.
- Tournament format will be round robin (pool play), with as many players as possible advancing to a single elimination championship bracket. Quarterfinal round losers will compete for 5th through 8th places.
- USATT rankings (if available) will be used to assist in pool seeding.
- Awards will be presented for 1st through 8th place for each event within each age division.
- The NSGA and LOC reserve the right to change the tournament format for any age division based on entry numbers, space restrictions, or other circumstance.
- Play shall consist of a five-game match. The winner shall be the first player to win three games.
- Throughout the match play shall be continuous, with a one-minute break between games.
- Default during competition Rule R will be strictly enforced.
For the 2022 National Senior Games presented by Humana, Table Tennis will be capped at no more than 600 participating athletes.