June 4, 2017 - June 10, 2017
2337 Bessemer Road Birmingham, AL 35208
Backstroke (50-, 100-, 200-Yard), Breaststroke (50-, 100-, 200-Yard), Butterfly (50-, 100-, 200-Yard), Freestyle (50-, 100-, 200-, 500-Yard), Individual Medley (100-, 200-,400-Yard (four strokes))
2017 Swimming Schedule: Please Click Here
Parking is free of charge for all participating athletes with proof of athlete credential. All other vehicles (without credential) will be required to pay the daily rate of $5. In & Out privileges are allowed.
June 4: 12pm - 7pm (M/W 65-100+)
June 7: 10am - 3pm (M/W 50-64)
Transportation Shuttle: Complimentary Shuttle Offered to Venue from Downtown (See Shuttle Schedule Below)
1. At the 2017 National Senior Games, swimmers will be eligible to swim two bonus events. Bonus events may only be in the same stroke an athlete qualified in and can only be of a lesser distance, not greater. Athletes must enter seed times, from yards competition, for their selected bonus events. Seed times must be entered in minutes, seconds and hundreds of seconds (00:00.00). Seed times for each bonus events must be achieved during the last twelve months prior to the registration deadline.
2. Swimmers may enter a maximum six events, including bonus events.
3. Swimmers must qualify and enter the event at the 2017 National Senior Games in order to enter a bonus event of lesser distance from that stroke.
4. The 500-yard freestyle, 200-yard butterfly and the 400-yard individual medley events are not available as bonus events; swimmers must qualify in these events to enter them.
5. Swimmers who qualify in the 400-yard and 200-yard individual medley may select the 200-yard and the 100-yard individual medley as a bonus event.
6. Swimmers must provide their own suits, caps, goggles, towels, etc.
1. All first-, second-, third- and fourth-place winners or athletes meeting this sport’s NSGA minimum performance standards in competition at a 2016 NSGA qualifying games will qualify for the 2017 National Senior Games. Athletes must enter seed times, from yards competition, for their selected bonus events. Seed times must be entered in minutes, seconds and hundreds of seconds (00:00.00). Seed times for each bonus events must be achieved during the last twelve months prior to the registration deadline.
|MEDALS / AWARDS
||Awards will be presented for 1st through 8th place for each style within each age division. All medals and ribbons MUST be collected during the Games. The NSGA will not mail MEDALS or RIBBONS after the Games.
The Birmingham CrossPlex provides a facility for athletes to compete at the highest level of competition for Track & Field, Swimming & Diving, Volleyball and more. The facility includes 750,000 square feet of overall space with 75,000 square feet of competition floor, Olympic size pool, concession area, locker rooms, VIP suites and over 1,500 parking spaces.