YMCA of the USA and the National Senior Games Association have entered into a partnership to raise awareness of the mutual benefits to members of both associations.
Local Y associations and Y-USA identified healthy aging as one of the critical social issues affecting the communities they serve. By pointing older adults to new fitness opportunities and welcoming older adults training for athletic competition, we improve the health and well-being of individuals and communities.
- Through NSGA, Y members have an opportunity to achieve greater health and fitness by engaging in athletic competition in an atmosphere of fun and fellowship.
- Through Y-USA and its network of 2,700 locations, NSGA members have accessible venues for maintaining health and honing their skills in a social setting.
- The two organizations can use their communications channels to increase visibility and awareness with their members and the general public.
- For both partners, this partnership marks another effort to help older adults overcome barriers to making healthy lifestyle choices, whether they are just getting started or are already practicing healthy habits.
- For members of both organizations, this partnership gives them opportunities to make progress across a range of areas that contribute to healthy aging like fitness, chronic disease prevention and increased social interaction.