May 18-22, 2022
Plantation Central Park
9151 NW 2nd St, Plantation FL 33324
For 2022, Soccer event will be classified as an “OPEN Sport”. Teams do not need to qualify at a state qualifier.
- Teams must be all one gender.
- Team rosters shall be limited to 12 persons, including non-playing coaches, non-playing captains and non-playing bench personnel. No players will be added to the roster during the tournament.
- Teams are not limited to the number of out-of-state players on their rosters; however, roster changes shall be allowed only as permitted under Rule F. It is the captain’s responsibility to declare team residency subject to NSGA approval, at the time of registration. Team roster participants who are unable to compete may be replaced after the official registration deadline for valid medical reasons only. Determining valid change requests are at the discretion of the NSGA and may be made after the advertised registration deadline.
- All registration and team rules apply to non-playing coaches, non-playing captains and non-playing bench personnel.
- At the National Senior Games athletes may compete on up to two teams per sport providing that the teams are in different age divisions that are scheduled to play in completely separate sessions.
- Age divisions for all team competition will be determined by the age of the youngest team player as of December 31, 2022.
- The number of entries in each division will determine the format of the competition.
- Any game missed/forfeited during bracket play will be considered a loss.
- Awards will be presented for 1st through 4th place for each event within each age division.
- The NSGA and LOC reserve the right to change the tournament format for any age division based on entry numbers, space restrictions, or other circumstance.
For the 2022 National Senior Games presented by Humana, Soccer will be capped at no more than 60 teams and 720 participating athletes.