June 4, 2017 - June 10, 2017
2337 Bessemer Road, Birmingham, AL 35208
||50+, 55+, 60+, 65+, 70+, 75+
|CAPTAIN / COACH MEETING
Sunday, June 4 (Men – 55+, 65+, 75+; Women – 50+, 60+, 70+ 75+) 7:00pm
Wednesday, June 7 (Men – 50+, 60+, 70+; Women – 55+, 65+) 7:00pm
All Captains meetings will be located at the Sheraton Hotel - Forum Theatre (2nd Floor - on the atrium side of the hotel) - Address: 2101 Richard Arrington Jr Blvd N, Birmingham, AL 35203
2017 Participant List: Please Click Here
2017 Volleyball Schedule: Please Click Here
Parking is free of charge for all participating athletes with proof of athlete credential. All other vehicles (without credential) will be required to pay the daily rate of $5. In & Out privileges are allowed.
June 4: 10am - 6pm (M 55+, 65+, 75+) (W 50+, 60+, 70+, 75+)
June 7: 1pm - 6pm (M 50+, 60+, 70+) (W 55+, 65+)
Official Volleyball: Molten Super Touch game ball with be used for practice and competition
Flooring Used: Mondosport Performance Surface Flooring (9 Main Courts); Sport Court Flooring (5 Courts)
Transportation Shuttle: Complimentary Shuttle Offered to Venue from Downtown (See Shuttle Schedule Below)
1. Teams must be of one gender.
2. Team roster shall be limited to 15 persons, including non-playing coaches, non-playing captains, and non-playing bench personnel. Roster changes shall be allowed only as permitted under Rule F.
3. Teams are no longer limited to the number of out-of-state players on their rosters; however roster changes shall be allowed only as permitted under Rule F. It is the captain's responsibility to declare team residency subject to NSGA approval, at the time of registration.
4. All registration and team rules apply to non-playing coaches, non-playing captains and non-playing bench personnel.
5. At the National Senior Games athletes may compete on up to two teams per sport providing that the teams are in different age divisions that are scheduled to play in completely separate sessions.
6. Volleyball will be divided into the following age divisions for both men and women: 50+, 55+, 60+, 65+, 70+, 75+.
7. Age divisions for all team competition will be determined by the age of the youngest team member as of December 31, 2017.
1. All first-, second- and third-place winners at a 2016 NSGA qualifying games will qualify for the 2017 National Senior Games.
|MEDALS / AWARDS
||Awards will be presented for 1st through 4th place within each age division. All medals and ribbons MUST be collected during the Games. The NSGA will not mail MEDALS or RIBBONS after the Games.
The Birmingham CrossPlex provides a facility for athletes to compete at the highest level of competition for Track & Field, Swimming & Diving, Volleyball and more. The facility includes 750,000 square feet of overall space with 75,000 square feet of competition floor, Olympic size pool, concession area, locker rooms, VIP suites and over 1,500 parking spaces.
Molten Super Touch Volleyball