June 11, 2017
Oak Mountain State Park
200 Terrace Dr. Pelham, AL 35124
Swimming: 400M Freestyle (open water), Cycling: 20K, Road Race: 5K
2017 Participant List: Please Click Here
2017 Triathlon Wave Times: Please Click Here
Click Here - https://vimeo.com/208339758
Practice Information: No Practice Times - course will not be set up
Bike Link of Hoover welcomes the athletes of the senior games.
We will offer priority assembly and re-boxing for rider's bikes before and after the events.
Rates are as follows:
Actual shipping rates are up to FEDEX or UPS, we have no control over it. Bike Link will package the bike in the absolute smallest box avail to avoid cost to you. Please email or call with questions and info. Appointments are necessary for prompt turn around, we plan on helping a ton of folks.
Cahaba Cycles Welcomes the 2017 Senior Games.
1. Athletes must provide their own bicycles, helmets, running and swim gear, and energy supplements.
2. All equipment must meet USA Triathlon standards.
1. All athletes completing a triathlon at a 2016 NSGA qualifying games will qualify for the 2017 National Senior Games.
2. Athletes who reside in a state that does not offer a triathlon event may qualify for triathlon by meeting the “limited” event qualifying criteria in Rule D.
3. Athletes who reside in a state that does offer the triathlon and does not participate in that state qualifier event can qualify by meeting the “limited” event qualifying criteria in Rule D.
4. Triathlon competitions used for qualifying purposes must adhere to expected standards for the conduct of that sport. All three triathlon elements must be held consecutively on the same day with no scheduled rest
5. Each element must be at least as long as the triathlon event at Nationals (400-Meter Swim, 20K Cycling, 5K Road Race).
Wet Suit Guidelines: Per the guidelines we will have a USA Triathlon Official onsite who will measure the water temperature two hours prior to the start of the race. At that time we will announce to the athletes whether the event will be wet suit legal or not. Wet suits are legal if the temperature is 78 degrees and below.
Sanction: USA Triathlon
A USA Triathlon membership is required to compete in the sport. Athletes who are not members of USA Triathlon must purchase a one-day membership at check-in.
|MEDALS / AWARDS
||Awards will be presented for 1st through 8th place for each style within each age division. All medals and ribbons MUST be collected during the Games. The NSGA will not mail MEDALS or RIBBONS after the Games.
Oak Mountain State Park
From its humble beginning as a 940-acre park atop Double Oak Mountain established by the Alabama State Lands Act of 1927, Oak Mountain State Park has grown to 9,940 acres making it Alabama’s largest state park. With the largest land-area, one of the widest varieties of outdoor activities of any state park, and its proximity to Birmingham, Oak Mountain is a perfect stop while traveling to and from the state’s largest city. Topping it all off is the park’s stunning physical landscape, which alone makes for an unforgettable experience.