June 22, 2019
82 Dam Crest Road
Cochiti Lake, NM 807083
Swimming: 400M Freestyle (open water), Cycling: 20K, Road Race: 5K
2018 Participant List: Participant Lists will be posted shortly after registration has closed.
Practice Information: TBD
1. Athletes must provide their own bicycles, helmets, running and swim gear, and energy supplements.
2. All equipment must meet USA Triathlon standards.
1. All athletes completing a triathlon at a 2018 NSGA qualifying games will qualify for the 2019 National Senior Games.
2. Athletes who reside in a state that does not offer a triathlon event may qualify for triathlon by meeting the “limited” event qualifying criteria in Rule D.
3. Athletes who reside in a state that does offer the triathlon and does not participate in that state qualifier event can qualify by meeting the “limited” event qualifying criteria in Rule D.
4. Triathlon competitions used for qualifying purposes must adhere to expected standards for the conduct of that sport. All three triathlon elements must be held consecutively on the same day with no scheduled rest
5. Each element must be at least as long as the triathlon event at Nationals (400-Meter Swim, 20K Cycling, 5K Road Race).
Wet Suit Guidelines: Per the guidelines we will have a USA Triathlon Official onsite who will measure the water temperature two hours prior to the start of the race. At that time we will announce to the athletes whether the event will be wet suit legal or not. Wet suits are legal if the temperature is 78 degrees and below.
Sanction: USA Triathlon
A USA Triathlon membership is required to compete in the sport. Athletes who are not members of USA Triathlon must purchase a one-day membership at check-in.
|MEDALS / AWARDS
||Awards will be presented for 1st through 8th place for each style within each age division. All medals and ribbons MUST be collected during the Games. The NSGA will not mail MEDALS or RIBBONS after the Games.
Cochiti Recreation Area is located in Sandoval County, New Mexico, within the boundaries of the Pueblo de Cochiti Indian Reservation. The lake offers two public recreation areas: Cochiti on the west side of the lake and Tetilla Peak on the east side. Both sides offer spectacular scenic views of the water and surrounding mountains. The Cochiti Dam is one of the ten largest earth-fill dams in the United States, and also one of the largest in the world. The lake derives its name from the Indian Pueblo on the Cochiti Reservation.