Track & Field
Track Events: 50, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1500 Meter, 4 x 100 Relay
Field Events: Discus, Hammer Throw, High Jump, Javelin, Long Jump, Pole Vault, Shot Put, Triple Jump
2018 Participant List: Participant Lists will be posted shortly after registration has closed.
Practice Information: TBD
Spike Information: Spikes cannot exceed ¼ inch
Starting Blocks: Starting blocks will be provided for competition
Headphones: Headphones & electronic devices will not be allowed at the Games for use during competition or in designated warm-up areas for any reason (please see USATF Competition Rule # 159)
Track Information: TBD
Running Event Format & Information:
Field Event Format & Information:
1. The Local Organizing Committee shall provide certified implements for all events and age groups. In addition, athletes shall be permitted to use their own implements, provided they have been certified by the Track & Field Committee. Athletes who wish to use their own implements shall agree to all certification procedures including but not limited to marking, impounding, etc. Athletes must provide their own vaulting poles.
2. Shoes must comply with USATF Rule 143, 3(a)-(f).
3. Registration for the relay event will take place at the track venue. Age division of relay teams will be based on the age of the youngest team member as of December 31, 2019.
1. All first-, second-, third- and fourth-place winners or athletes meeting this sport’s NSGA minimum performance standards in competition at a 2018 NSGA qualifying games will qualify for the 2019 National Senior Games.
2. All athletes who compete in hammer throw at a 2018 NSGA qualifying games will qualify for the 2019 National Senior Games.
3. Athletes who reside in a state that does not offer the hammer throw, or pole vault may qualify for those events by meeting the “limited” event qualifying criteria in Rule D.
4. Athletes that qualify for and compete in the 50-, 100-, 200-, 400- or 800-meter events at the 2019 National Senior Games will be eligible to compete in the 4x100-meter relay. Athletes cannot qualify to compete in the relay event except in this manner.
1. For field events, if there are more than 12 athletes in any age division, a qualifying round may be held.
2. For track events, the number of heats will be determined based on the number of entries.
3.The 1500-meters will be a timed final event.
4. Awards will be presented for 1st through 8th place for each event within each age division.
|MEDALS / AWARDS
||Awards will be presented for 1st through 8th place for each style within each age division. All medals and ribbons MUST be collected during the Games. The NSGA will not mail MEDALS or RIBBONS after the Games.