: 5K –
: K –
Time Trials - Atrisco Vista Blvd. (I-40 West- Exit #153) Atrisco Vista Blvd, Albuquerque, NM 87120
Road Races - The Club at Las Campanas (Staging Area) 132 Clubhouse Drive, Santa Fe, NM 87506
5K, 10K (Time Trials)
2018 Participant List: Participant Lists will be posted shortly after registration has closed.
1. Cyclists qualifying in either the 5K or the 10K time trials may enter both time trial events.
2. Cyclists qualifying in either the 20K or the 40K road races at a qualifying games may enter both road races.
3. Cyclists must provide their own bicycles and helmets.
1. All first-, second-, third- and fourth-place winners at a 2018 NSGA qualifying games will qualify for the 2019 National Senior Games.
2. Athletes who reside in a state that does not offer a 20K or 40K cycling road race may qualify for those events by meeting the “limited” event qualifying criteria in Rule D.
3. Qualifying events must be conducted under the rules for the appropriate event to be used for qualifying. States may conduct a “combined” event, but competitors may not compete in both events when events are combined. Those wishing to collect awards in the 5K or 20K must stop after that portion of the event is complete.
4. Qualifying event must be a stand-alone road race that is not combined with another event (i.e., duathlon or triathlon).
|MEDALS / AWARDS
||Awards will be presented for 1st through 8th place for each race, within each age division. All medals and ribbons MUST be collected during the Games. The NSGA will not mail MEDALS or RIBBONS after the Games.
ATRISCO VISTA BLVD, ALBUQUERQUE, NEW MEXICO
Cycling ( 5K, 10K) Time Trials
Out and back (3.1 & 6.2 miles)
Start and finish at Atrisco Vista Boulevard (Just off of Interstate 40). Relatively a flat course with an excellent surface and a great view of Sandia Peak.
Cycling (20K, 40K) Road Race
Las Campanas (Spanish for “The Bells”) is a beautiful, private golf course and exclusive residential community outside of Sante Fe, and about an hour’s drive north of Albuquerque. Sante Fe was established in 1607 and is the 2nd oldest city in the US, and remains a showcase city for historical monuments, artists and culinary establishments. The 8.8 mile loop course around the Sante Fe community is safe, quiet, fun and challenging (seeing about 500’ elevation gain per lap) all while exemplifying the New Mexico rolling landscape. While safety was the primary goal for selecting this course (the secluded roads and convenience of closing them) the scenery and the challenge are major pluses. What’s more, the residents of Las Campanas support Albuquerque and Sante Fe’s cycling community. See you in 2019 at Las Campanas!
Course is through the exclusive Las Campanas neighborhood circling their golf course. The road winds gently except for one turn and it rolls up and down with one short climb slightly over a 5% incline.