5K - June 6, 2017
5k & 10 K (Time Trials): Oak Mountain BMX Track - 10 Tranquility Rd, Birmingham, AL 35242 (Oak Mountain State Park)
20K & 40K (Road Races): Shelby County High School, 101 Washington Street, Columbiana, AL 35051
5K, 10K (Time Trials)
Practice Information: No Practice Times - course will not be set up
Neutral Start Information: For both the 20K & 40K Road Races, a neutral start will be used for all cyclists
SHIPPING INFORMATION: The NSGA is currently working with local bike shops about the shipping, assembly, and delivery of bike equipment for the event. We should have specific bike shop information and details in the coming weeks. Please check back soon.
1. Cyclists qualifying in either the 5K or the 10K time trials may enter both time trial events.
2. Cyclists qualifying in either the 20K or the 40K road races at a qualifying games may enter both road races.
3. Cyclists must provide their own bicycles and helmets.
1. All first-, second-, third- and fourth-place winners at a 2016 NSGA qualifying games will qualify for the 2017 National Senior Games.
2. Athletes who reside in a state that does not offer a 20K or 40K cycling road race may qualify for those events by meeting the “limited” event qualifying criteria in Rule D.
3. Qualifying events must be conducted under the rules for the appropriate event to be used for qualifying. States may conduct a “combined” event, but competitors may not compete in both events when events are combined. Those wishing to collect awards in the 5K or 20K must stop after that portion of the event is complete.
4. Qualifying event must be a stand-alone road race that is not combined with another event (i.e., duathlon or triathlon).
|MEDALS / AWARDS
||Awards will be presented for 1st through 8th place for each style within each age division. All medals and ribbons MUST be collected during the Games. The NSGA will not mail MEDALS or RIBBONS after the Games.
Oak Mountain State Park
From its humble beginning as a 940-acre park atop Double Oak Mountain established by the Alabama State Lands Act of 1927, Oak Mountain State Park has grown to 9,940 acres making it Alabama’s largest state park. With the largest land-area, one of the widest varieties of outdoor activities of any state park, and its proximity to Birmingham, Oak Mountain is a perfect stop while traveling to and from the state’s largest city. Topping it all off is the park’s stunning physical landscape, which alone makes for an unforgettable experience.