Volcano Vista High School - 8100 Rainbow Blvd NW, Albuquerque, NM 87114
Dreamstyle Arena ("The Pit") - 1111 University Blvd, Albuquerque, NM 87106
Three on Three Half Court
||50+, 55+, 60+, 65+, 70+, 75+, 80+, 85+ (85+ age division has been added to the 2019 National Senior Games with the caveat that there must be at least 4 teams registered for the National Senior Games. If not, the 85+ group will be moved to the 80+ division.)
|CAPTAIN / COACH MEETING
2018 Participant List: Participant Lists will be posted shortly after registration has closed.
Practice Information: TBD
NSGA Basketball: Wilson NCAA Solution Game Basketball - WTBO700 Men - WTBO701 Women - 28.5
Men - The circumference of the ball shall be within a maximum of 30 inches and a minimum of 29½ inches.
Women - The circumference of the ball shall be within a maximum of 29 inches and a minimum of 28½ inches.
Flooring Used: Maple Select Sport Court Flooring
1. Teams must be of all one gender.
2. Team rosters shall be limited to 10 persons, including-non-playing coaches, non-playing captains and non-playing bench personnel. Teams are no longer limited to the number of out-of-state players on their rosters; however roster changes shall be allowed only as permitted under Rule F. It is the captain's responsibility to declare team residency subject to NSGA approval, at the time of registration.
3. All registration and team rules apply to non-playing coaches, non-playing captains and non-playing bench personnel.
4. At the National Senior Games athletes may compete on up to two teams per sport providing that the teams are in different age divisions that are scheduled to play in completely separate sessions.
5. Basketball will be divided into the following age divisions for both men and women: 50+, 55+, 60+, 65+, 70+, 75+, 80+, 85+.
6. Age divisions for all team competition will be determined by the age of the youngest team member as of December 31, 2019.
1. All first-, second- and third-place teams at a 2016 NSGA qualifying games will qualify for the 2019 National Senior Games.
2. Each 2018 NSGA qualifying games may qualify all basketball teams that compete in the 80+ and 85+ age division. Competition must take place in accordance with Rule H in order for teams to be qualified.
|MEDALS / AWARDS
||Awards will be presented for 1st through 4th place within each age division. All medals and ribbons MUST be collected during the Games. The NSGA will not mail MEDALS or RIBBONS after the Games.
UNIVERSITY OF NEW MEXICO
Dreamstyle Arena (The Pit)
Dreamstyle Arena is built in a 37-foot hole on Albuquerque's southeast mesa. First the roof was constructed, then the hole was dug and the Arena built. That all happened in 1966. The unique Behlen roof (338 by 300 feet) was set up by contractors and then 55,000 cubic yards of earth were removed. About 28,000 yards of concrete were poured in the initial construction, which allowed a seating capacity of 14,831. The cost - an incredibly economical $1.4 million in 1966. The Pit underwent a massive upgrade and expansion that was completed in time for the 2010-11 season that included $60 million of improvements. Among the improvements were the U.S. Bank club/suites level seating, upgraded lower bowl seating, two end wall video boards, ribbon boards, a unique graphics package showcasing the history of Lobo basketball and UNM athletics, upgraded concessions area, the new Lobo Den Store, and a remodeled concourse. NBA locker rooms were added for both the men's and women's teams along with a player's lounge.
UNIVERSITY OF NEW MEXICO
Rudy Davalos Basketball Center
The facility is located at the south end of the building and includes a practice floor with six baskets, offices for men's and women's basketball, a video viewing room and an area to accommodate media needs for Lobo games and upcoming NCAA basketball tournaments. The 2010 renovations successfully intregated the Davalos Center with The Pit, allowing Lobo men's and women's basketball to seemlessly move between the two facilities for practice and games and camps. Four wood half courts will be used for competition.
VOLCANO VISTA HIGH SCHOOL
Volcano Vista High School (VVHS) is a public senior high school opened in 2007 located on the West Mesa of Albuquerque, New Mexico within the Albuquerque Public Schools District. Two gymnasiums with ten half–court wood floors will be used for competition.